When setting up a company in China, there are many laws and regulations. We advise you in detail on which of these regulations are essential in your case and identify risks at an early stage.
The bdp China Desk Team provides you with competent support in finding a location, arranging contacts to local governments, development zones, and industrial parks, and advises you on individual subsidies for projects in China.
In principle, the company location should be as close as possible to your core suppliers, core customers and target markets. We know the location advantages of each city in China and have sufficient resources to provide you with customized solutions for selecting your company's location. And we create the best framework conditions for the selection of your company location according to the specific requirements of your business project in China and find the right commercial office and industrial plant for you. After many years of cooperation with major development zones, you will benefit from our reliable contacts in China.
- Search and preselection for suitable investment locations adapted to your projects
- Organize research and evaluation, on-site visits
- Provide contacts and communication with developments zones and industry parks
- Accompanying business negotiations with governments, developments zones, and industry parks
Enterprises want to obtain subsidies; you must understand the specific subsidy application requirements in line with the relevant provisions to be able to apply for subsidies. We explain the local financial and tax incentives to you; we assist you in communicating and negotiating and provide contacts of local development zones, industrial parks, and authorities to you.
The greatest of China´s economic growth is taking place in the economic and technological development zones, where most foreign and Chinese direct investment is channeled. In order to optimize the regional economic structure, local governments have introduced a number of targeted support policies. In China, there is no fixed catalog of subsidies – based on the principle of „case by case”, investors can negotiate individually with the local governments and authorities in advance on the financial and tax incentives that the provincial governments can grant to the company.
- Advice on preferential policies according to suitable projects for subsidies
- Accompanying negotiations
- Finding alternative financing options
- Reviewing investment contracts
- Providing alternative sources of financing
Establishment of Companies in China
There are various forms of company formation in China to choose from, including opening a representative office, registering a wholly foreign-owned enterprise or a sino-foreign joint venture, with a wholly foreign-owned limited company being the most popular legal form of the company used by Germany, Austria, and Switzerland companies, with approximately 80% of our clients choosing this form of company.
We are the unified service team for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland family-owned companies and multinational corporations. Our teams in Germany and China have extensive experience in setting up companies in China. We provide a complete solution tailored to each client's actual needs, from company set-up, bank account opening to applying for a work visa and residence permit, payroll & HR service, bookkeeping, and tax return, legal and auditing services; we provide you with a one-stop worry-free service.
In negotiations, our employees use their language skills (in German, English, and Chinese) and intercultural competence to your advantage and lead you to successful results.
During the registration process, the company's legal representative does not need to enter China; we can assist you in opening a bank account online. After registering your company, if the person in charge is temporarily unable to come to China, e.g., due to an epidemic, we provide you with company secretary services for your Chinese company, send and receive correspondence and assist in replying to third party letters.
Each of our team members is not only experienced and knowledgeable about the business culture and working habits in China and Germany, but also familiar with the local Chinese laws and regulations and fluent in German, Chinese and English.
- Registration of the company name, application for the business license, registration with the Commission of Commerce
- Tax registration, determination of tax types, application for status as a general VAT payer
- Stamps marking (company stamp, legal representative stamp, contract stamp, financial stamp, invoice stamp, and customs stamp)
- Opening of bank accounts in RMB, EUR, or USD
- Customs registration
- SAFE (State Administration of Foreign Exchange) registration
- Opening social security and housing fund account